Our friends at Specialized are promoting October as Women's Ride Month, but here at Kangaroo Point Cycling Club we believe that every month is a great month to celebrate women cycling!
Thinking about getting involved now that Spring has arrived? Here is our list of all of the great things that you are invited to during October!
- Womens Only Weekdays - 5 social rides this month departing the Goodwill Bridge at 5:30am every Wednesday morning for a relaxed riverloop. These rides are for women, by women, and there are no boys allowed. We also run these rides around 45 other weeks of the year!
- Womens Only Learn to Race for the Brisbane Kermesse powered by Tineli - A skills program designed specifically for Women to learn new skills, make new friends and try racing for the first time in a fun and supportive environment over 4 weekends.
- "Limber Up" - The October edition of our bi-monthly Club Meetings with a guest speaker from the Peak Sports and Spine Centre who will teach Member's how to stretch for success on the bike!
- Weekly Training Rides - A bunch of rides every week that are perfect for Women at all levels to develop speed, learn new skills, gain confidence and possibly even challenge the boys on a few KOM's.
- Track Training - 4 nights of Track Training on the Chandler Velodrome for Women of all abilities from first timers through to experienced National Champions.
- Sunday Social Ride KPCC Skills partnership with Kirsty Broun Cycling - a special ride on October 26 with the coaches from Kirsty Broun Cycling where you can learn new skills, master the art of bunch riding, and make new friends.
- 12 Rides with KPCC - The next ride in our 2014 challenging rides series where we will join the masses and ride Brisbane to the Gold Coast!
These are just a sample of the great things that you can get involved in during October, and a fraction of our year-round activities
If you'd like to know more about Kangaroo Point Cycling Club and how you can get involved - take a look at our Quick Start Guide for Women.
See you on a ride soon!